Snowflake Software’s SWIM Service Connectors: The industry’s first out-of-the-box toolkit to remove the complexity of consuming, loading, and leveraging data from EUROCONTROL NM B2B and FAA SWIM data feeds.
Service Connectors are ideal for companies that:
- Are currently on-ramped or are planning to on-ramp to EUROCONTROL NM B2B and/or the FAA SWIM Services
- Want to pass the FAA on-ramping certification test sooner rather than later, in order to accelerate the on-ramping process
SWIM Services Connectors enable you to:
- Simplify complex FAA/EUROCONTROL data into a usable searchable well-structured database
- Integrate Aviation data into applications in previously unforeseen ways
- Handle intricately complex data, such as geospatial, by providing usable output
- Select the data most pertinent to customer operations without writing one line of code
- Support multiple SWIM feeds with a consistent tool across all feeds to store, manage and correlate datasets
- Leverage the data and develop applications with little to no development
Realising the Data’s value
Did you know that the information available via the FAA TFM Feed includes (but is not limited to):
- Flight position information which includes “modelled” flight positions based on internal trajectory modelling. This means you can actually get updated estimated time of arrival figures based on this trajectory modelling information.
- National Traffic Management Log (NTML) restrictions which includes all current Traffic Management Initiatives (TMIs) in the US national airspace. This information is of high value and critical for flight planning and operational decision making.
- The percentage of time a particular National Aviation System (NAS) resource has a restriction placed on it. This provides valuable business intelligence that can save airlines millions if applied to a busy origin-destination pair (e.g. knowing that a particular jet route has a 25-miles in trail restriction 80% of the time, or knowing the probability of special activity airspace that could impede certain routes based on historical schedules).
- The TFMS-modeled state of the national airspace.
- Current position of flights and transponder-equipped vehicles in the airport movement area (from ASDE-X) as well as current position of flights in the terminal area (from STARS). This information increases surface situational awareness and can assist in optimizing surface operations (e.g., deicing capacity/efficiency, fuel servicing needs, aircraft cleaning and maintenance, catering companies).
- Surface movement events, which includes information when aircraft moves from ramp to movement area (departures) or movement area to ramp (arrivals). Included in surface movement events are wheels on/off times.
- Gate availability information that can be used to proactively assign aircraft to available gates (reduce idle time waiting for a gate).
- Runway Visual Range (RVR) data and aircraft surveillance data which can be used to predict when the airport may experience a capacity/demand imbalance.
- More terminal information such as taxi start times, parking gate, direction and speed of movement, departure/arrival runway, and entry/exit fix information. All of this information is valuable in providing terminal/surface situational awareness.
- NOTAM information, which includes baseline features and temporary changes in a feature due to a NOTAM event. This information can be used to further understand operational restrictions and adapt/plan accordingly.
- High-resolution flight position data which is updated every 12 seconds. This data is well-suited for tactical decision making tools, such as conflict detection and avoidance.
- Aircraft tail number, as well as a holding flag that indicates whether the fight is (was) in airborne holding.
- Airspace configuration data, allowing a complete understanding of airspace configuration and availability.
- Historical information allowing users to consume and use historical data in applications.
Did you know that the information available via the EUROCONTROL NM B2B Services includes (but is not limited to):
- The CACD (Central Airspace Capacity Database) service which can provide you with an understanding of the full operational picture of any given European Airspace, including any current or planned restrictions
- Flight Services to not only access actual flight positions but also the next “modelled” flight position based on internal trajectory modelling
- A range of static data for the whole of Europe, from Aerodromes and Airports to Navaids, via the NM B2B web services.
- All of the Regulations and Restrictions for European airspace from the Eurocontrol NM B2B web services.
Latest News and Webinars on SWIM
May 17, 2016
September 30, 2015
November 22, 2013
October 17, 2012