To complete the net-centric data exchange goals of SWIM you need to be able to publish data from your database as well as load data into it. However, many organisations have already made considerable investment in existing databases and systems that it is often too costly or not operationally feasible to make changes or deploy a new system to support a new standard.
Publishing ATM data
Publication of ATM data, such as AIXM, FIXM and WXXM, can take many forms:
- Web Services – Your stakeholders want to interact with your data. To deliver the right data at right time this interaction needs to be immediate. Our GO Publisher WFS product provide an ISO standards web service interface for the spatio-temporal query of ATM data. This proven interface allows user to answers questions complex spatio-temportal queries such as ‘find my nearest alternate airport within 100nm of my flight plan that is open during my flight time’
- Digitial NOTAMs – Being notified of change and notifying others of change is essential to providing a complete operating picture. Our GO Publisher Agent product enables you to automatically generate digital NOTAMs based on change within your database.
- Data transfers – Some scenarios require you to transfer your entire database content to a data consumer. Our GO Publisher Agent product is capable of publishing 100′s of millions of features on a daily basis. Use by some of the largest data provider in the world, GO Publisher Agent enable data consumer to order and extract large volumes of data from your data holding. Extracts can be spatial, temporal, property based or any combination of all three.
To learn more about how are products were used in the FAA Special Activity Airspace pilot to fuse dynamic schedule feeds from the FAA SAMS database with static airspace data from the FAA NAS database, see our Fusion architecture video below.
Want to know more
- Test some sample webservices delivering AIXM5 data
- Test the AIXM5.1 webservice delivering the AIXM5.1 DonLon sample dataset
- See a presentation given at the FAA and Eurocontrol AIXM5 Developers Seminars:
What is a Web Feature Service and How is it used within AIM?